Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Most people, specially those who have to sit long hours at work, struggle with back pain – whether it’s dull and achy or sharp and stabbing, it hurts.
It is said that back pain may make you less productive, which in turn can hamper your career as well.
Understanding what causes back pain and taking steps to prevent it can make this crippling pain vanish.
Here are some helpful measures that can help ease back pain while at work:
- Make sure that you pay attention to your posture while sitting in front of a computer.
- Avoid sitting for long periods in front of a computer.
- Take frequent short breaks – if possible, try taking a five minute walking break every hour.
- Make sure you change your posture as much as you can, rise up and stretch whenever you feel tired.
- Choose a chair that is comfortable and support your back as well as that allows you to rest both feet flat on the floor and shoulder-width apart.
- When sitting, try to position your knees at 90 degrees, directly over your ankles to keep your spine comfortably upright.
- Don’t sit with your legs crossed. It will make difficult to keep your spine straight and shoulders squared, thereby worsening back pain.
- Place your system at an optimal level so that you don’t have to contort your head and neck to work on it.
- Keep your screen at eye level about an arm’s length away. You mouse should be kept right next to your keyboard.
- Try to keep your weight balanced on your feet while standing.
- If you have to speak on the phone frequently, use a headset or speakerphone to avoid bending your head and neck which will only aggravate the pain.
Source by india..