Almond oil, known for decades as a beauty and health aid, has multitude of benefits which include hair and skin care.
Most of you won’t know that you can swap some of your beauty products for this wonder oil. Everyone is exploring the wondrous benefits of almond oil, and it is gaining increased popularity around the globe.
In recent years, almond oil has been added to soaps, creams and other beauty products because of its purported beauty and health benefits. It’s making a comeback for good reason and here’s how you can use almond oil for hair and skin. Almond oil is acquired from dried almonds through a process called cold pressing. This can be derived from two sources: sweet and bitter almond. Because of its potential toxicity, bitter almond oil is less commonly used.
Composition of Almond Oil
Almond oil contains minerals such as zinc, potassium, calcium, and magnesium and is rich in vitamins like A, B1, B2, B6 in addition to D and E, and therefore is great for hair and skin. It’s also rich in oleic and linoleic acids.
1 tablespoon of almond oil contains 120 calories and 13.6 grams of fat. It’s also high in unsaturated fats and contains low amounts of saturated fats while being cholesterol free. Almond oil also contains high amounts of monounsaturated fats and some amount of polyunsaturated fats.
Almond Oil for Hair
Almond oil is a rich source of magnesium, a common ingredient in hair products. It is a very light oil and will not weigh down hair. There have been thousands of studies examining the benefits of almond oil for hair. Below are some facts:
Get Natural Shiny Hair With Almond Oil
- Use the required amount of almond oil, depending on the length of your hair, and rub it on your hair
- Begin with a slow massage on your scalp in circular motions for a couple of minutes
- Now cover all your hair with a plastic wrap and place a towel around the wrap
- Allow the oil to absorb into the hair for a few hours ( Say 8 hours )
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and rinse
- Repeat the process once or twice a week
- The vitamins in almond oil promotes new hair growth and gives smoother ends, less frizz and more shine to the hair
Repair Damaged Hair
- For best results, combine almond oil with a ripe banana
- Apply the paste on the hair and leave it on for 15 minutes
- Rinse With seltzer water before using a shampoo and conditioner.
Get Rid Of Dandruff
- To get the complete benefits of dandruff free hair, mix mashed gooseberry and almond oil and apply on the hair
- Leave the paste on for about 30 minutes
- Wash your hair with any mild shampoo
- This instantly clears off the dandruff
- Massaging the scalp with almond oil relieves dry and itchy scalp conditions and slows down hair loss by increasing blood circulation
Solution to Your Split Ends
- Take a mixture of almond oil, castor oil, and olive oil in equal proportions
- Massage this mixture into the hair
- This will help you get rid of split ends
- Apply this once or twice a week, and notice a change in no time
Reduce Scalp Inflammation
- Scalp inflammation is the route cause of dry hair, split ends, and unhealthy hair texture.
- Almond oil should be regularly used, and massaged on the scalp to reduce inflammations.
Almond Oil for Skin
Almond oil unlike most oils does not have a greasy effect. It does not clog pores and gets absorbed quickly in the skin.
You’ll be amazed to know that almond oil benefits your skin in so many ways. A few from the bundle are listed below.
Moisturize Your Skin:
Almonds have a way of trapping moisture in the skin and makes the skin supple and soft.
Almond oil has also been proven to have a calming effect on people with skin allergies and inflammation. It has both the ability to soothe and treat skin allergies.
It is not recommended to apply the oil directly to the wounded area. It is better to dilute almond oil with any carrier oil. You can use slightly concentrated almond oil with less dilution if you are applying it to a small, localized area of the body. The diluted oil should be used on the injured area several times a day.Minor wounds, chapped skin, and other skin infections can also be treated using almond oil.
It refers to the ability of almond oil to get easily absorbed in the skin. It restores the normal pH of the skin.
Remove dark spots:
Its skin-lightening ability has made it popular among people who want to rid of their dark marks.
Almond oil has fatty acids that dissolves the sebum which causes acne. It has also been proven to treat various skin conditions such as eczema and acne.
It is used to prevent moisture from evaporating, thus leaving your skin strengthened and nourished
Almond oil contains vitamins that helps it delay the appearance of wrinkles. The monounsaturated fats in the oil keep cell membranes healthy, reducing the appearance of aging.
Protect Your Skin From Sun:
Wrinkles, sunburns, aging, and skin cancer caused by UV rays can be reversed by almond oil.
Treat itchy and dry skin:
Vitamin E present in almond oil is a powerful anti-oxidant and an essential fat-soluble vitamin. High levels of vitamin E in almond oil does wonders to the skin as it hydrates and moisturizes the skin
Almond oil can be used as a carrier oil and is used for massages or aromatherapy. It is base oil that dilutes other essential oils in order to minimize the chance of skin irritation and other unwanted side effects. In fact, there are very few oils that can be considered carrier or base oil.
Almond oil is excellent to prevent and reverse the signs of ageing. It gives radiant skin by invigorating skin and renewing the skin cells.
Get Rid of Stretch marks:
It tightens the skin and promotes better blood circulation thus reducing stretch marks.